SIHA AND THE FOREST SERVICE ARE
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS!
We need help with many projects throughout the year.
Preserving and helping visitors at the Stanley Museum
- Maintaining and repairing facilities
- Cataloging artifacts
- Organizing photographs, and maintaining the yard
- Working the museum desk, to sell maps and books and answer visitors questions
Operating the Redfish Center & Gallery and conducting interpretive and educational programs
- Cleaning and maintaining the facility
- Working the visitor desk, to sell maps and books and answer visitors questions
- Leading Interpretive activities for kids and grown-ups, such as nature walks, junior rangers, discovery stations, and campfire programs
Assisting with the Sawtooth Forum and Lecture Series
- Helping to set up and take down the tent and chairs at the museum
- Providing housing for speakers
Writing reviews of books that SIHA sells, serving ice cream at our social and the Mountain Mamas craft fair, and a number of other fun things!
If you are interested in volunteering, please call us at 208-774-3517 (summer only)
or fill out the form below.
Click here for more volunteer opportunities through the Forest Service