SAWTOOTH SALMON FESTIVAL
August 26, 2023
Join SIHA and IRU for this FREE, family friendly event is all about celebrating Idaho’s wild salmon and steelhead! We will have bus tours out to the river to see wild salmon spawning with educational interpretive talks.
Various vendors with salmon education related activities will be going on all day. Hang out and enjoy music, entertainment and a BBQ lunch for purchase mid-day.
More details to follow!
SPONSOR THIS EVENT! Contact us (email@example.com) to learn how you can become a sponsor of Salmon Fest and our efforts to teach people about Idaho’s wild salmon and steelhead!
VOLUNTEER! Sign up to volunteer (firstname.lastname@example.org). We can always use help with setup, clean up, staffing activity booths and the Museum, parking and more!
Schedule of Events
- 10am – Drive yourself to the Pettit Lake weir to learn about the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes’ sockeye recovery efforts
- 11am-5pm: Information booths and activities on the Stanley Museum Lawn available all day!
- 11:30am – Salmon Redd Tour
- 12:30pm – Salmon Conservation Update
- 1:00pm – Salmon Redd Tour
- 1:30pm – Live Music: Richard Blair
- 2:00pm – Native American Song/Dance Exhibition
- 3:00-5:00pm – Live Music: Turtle Poppers
- 3:30pm – Final Salmon Redd Tour