- The 2020 Event Calendar is now posted! What SIHA events are you going to attend this summer?
- SIHA stands with the SNRA: Building the Best Stanley to Redfish Trail
- Thank you for supporting SIHA during our 2020 Idaho Gives campaign and to all of our 2019 members, donors and volunteers!
- Read our 2019 newsletter for summer program highlights plus exciting new developments in 2020.
- Oral Histories: We are continuing to gather oral histories pertinent to the area. If you know someone with a good story to tell, please send us an email.
- Your Path to Sawtooth Valley History! We’re planning structural upgrades and a new building at the Stanley Museum. Support these projects by having your name, the name of a loved one or inspiring words inscribed on a commemorative brick to be installed in museum walkways.
Discover the Sawtooth Interpretive & Historical Association…
AND DISCOVER THE SAWTOOTH NRA
Welcome to the Sawtooth Interpretive & Historical Association. Some folks who know us call us SIHA (SEE-hah)! Others just call us the Sawtooth Association or SA. We are a non-profit, member-based organization working in cooperation with the Sawtooth and Salmon-Challis National Forests. We were incorporated in 1972 as the first – and only – Cooperating Interpretive Association for the Sawtooth National Recreation Area. We work in partnership with the Forest Service to provide interpretive and educational programs on the Sawtooth NRA.
We are working to save and tell the stories of this grand environment…
- some stories are as old as the mountains
- some swim past in the river
- some are from the pioneers
- some are a way to protect the future
Message from the Sawtooth National Forest
The Sawtooth Interpretive & Historical Association (SIHA) provides excellent opportunities for visitors to gain insights into the area’s rich history through its programs and services. Visitors of all ages can enjoy interpretive activities at Redfish Visitor Center or attend a Forum and Lecture Series presentation at the Stanley Museum. SIHA also offers books, maps, and other educational items for sale at their outlets located in Forest Service offices. SIHA has worked with the Sawtooth National Forest since 1972 as a valued partner in sharing the stories of the forest and surrounding areas.
Kit Mullen, Supervisor, Sawtooth National Forest